Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What is Ego...?

What is EGO...?

This enemy that we have inside us is not our self; it's not our personality. It's only a temptation, This is the seed of the problem ego. We confuse our personality with sin; we marry these two things, and we have a wrong impression of who we are.' Archimadrite Dionysios

The negative ego is that part of ourselves which operates solely out of selfishness, isolation, fear, and fragmentation, as well as embracing the entire gamut of lower impulses, tendencies and expressions. It is often the place from which the inner child is operating, without proper parenting. It basically functions from the level of the subconscious." Dr Joshua David Stone.

Do you have an EGO in yourself?

Well I think, from the observation on me, myself and I... Definitely I have it. It just a matter of whether it is a big or small. I always want to win should there is or are any confrontation. It's hard for me to say that I'm sorry. And sometime, it's hard also for me to forgive. Will always find a reason to blame others without accepting that it is actually my fault at the first place. Not being sensitive enuf to understand what people wants and expect from me and also to anticipate their feelings. And here I am again ... blaming this so called EGO for all the mistakes that I've done.

Ego in me perhaps....? Yaiksss.....!!!

0 comments: