Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Serr Arr Bootss

Let's ask ourselves why are we 'serabuts' at the first place? Is it because of our back logs? Or is it because suddenly we received tons of assignments or issues that need to be ironed out at the same time? Or is it because we like to gather all our works until the last minutes of the datelines?

No matter what are the reasons, sometimes when the time comes... and we got the so called 'serabut', we start to do all the things at the same time and ended up doing nothing. Nothing...!! Hmm.. Been in this situation several times. So... How to get on top of this? Did some reading on it and been informed during the Project Management course few years or months back. When you are in these situations, do not panic. List down all the tasks and the datelines, takcle it one by one based on the priorities. Sounds easy... isn't it? Hahaha... In the actual life... Hahahaha... It's not as simple as what all those people wrote in their articles. I don't know whether there is something wrong with the way I'm approach to this matter or hmmmm.....

This 'serabut' thing will become more 'serabut' to me shud it involve with my clients or stakeholders and they keep on calling me asking for updates or solutions. When the mobile starting to ring all day without knowing when to stop. When all the emails starting to coming in not knowing when to stop. At this point of time, I sometimes hopping that there is no email and mobile phone technology been invented by the geniuses. Hahaha... Also hoping that I had Mr Hiro Nakamura's power to close my eyes and jump to another time or places. Hoping that I have the super power to stop the time to let me do all the back logs thing and hoping that I could teleport myself through space and time like the Jumpers to run away from all these 'serabut' thing.

Hmm.. all those are all in my minds only and the fact is, I still need to tackle it one by one no matter how difficult it is and the most important thing is you cannot run away from your problem, just face it. If you run away... sooner or later, it will show up again infront of you and this time it will be much more bigger than ever....

How many of us dare to face the problem face to face during the beginning? Have we got all it takes to tackle the problems without being too emotional and decide what to do based on our profesional judgements? Hmm... 'tepuk dada tanya selera'. To the 'special one' and frens out there... What can I say is... Just be patience and do whatever you need to do... At least you all have the guts to face it day in and day out without even thingkng about running away from it...

Good job and well done. Kudos to all of you and frankly, I won't be able to be where I am rite now if it's not because of you guys....

0 comments: